National Family Promise Week
Family Promise dedicates Oct. 12-19 to honoring volunteers and congregations while bringing awareness to issues surrounding family homelessness. Here’s a story about last year’s national event!
In 2013, Family Promise of Greater Denver served 68 families and 213 individuals. Across the United States:
• Families comprise nearly 40% of the homeless population, which is the nation’s fastest growing segment.
• One out of every 45 U.S. children will experience homelessness this year.
• Family Promise is growing! Established in 1988, there are 185 Affiliates across 42 states.
• More than 160,000 volunteers and 6,000 congregations support Family Promise across the nation.
• These volunteer efforts served 50,000 last year, and nearly 60 percent were children.
We’re recognizing national Family Promise Week by dining out Oct. 16 … learn more!