Tenant-Based Rental Assistance
- A portion of the rent is guaranteed through program funding.
- Families receiving rental assistance sign an agreement to respect the rental property and program funding guidelines.
- Family Promise facilitates proactive communication and discussions throughout the rental partnership.
- Property owners and landlords have an on-call, professional contact for questions or tenant concerns.
How Does a Family Qualify?
- Family Promise screens families for eligibility and motivation.
- Each family must be in our shelter program for a minimum of 30 days.
- Families attend rental counseling classes.
- Eligible families meet employment and savings goals in the Family Promise program, while actively participating in case management.
Meet a family in the rental-assistance program!